The gulf beaches are beautiful and the local tourism industry is ready for visitors. On a recent visit to Bay St. Louis, Gulfport, and Biloxi, Mississippi, and Dauphin Island, Alabama, I was surprised at how beautiful the towns and beaches are after Hurricane Katrina and the Gulf oil spill.
Though it is sad to hear the past troubles the towns have endured, they are now beautiful, and ready for tourists to come back. There is still reconstruction, and all destinations are not at their best yet, but they are striving to make a good comeback. As a travel agent, I would highly recommend these location as a fantastic vacation destination.
Top ten reasons to recommend a gulf beach vacation:
- The beaches are beautiful, soft white sand.
- Since the oil spill and Hurricane Katrina, the beaches are deserted in many place, so there is a lot of space for privacy if that is what clients are looking for.
- The people are friendly and welcoming.
- The food, particularly the seafood, is tasty and safe to eat.
- There are challenging golf courses to play.
- Casino gambling is available in Biloxi and Gulfport.
- Many choices for accommodations are available from basic hotels to condominiums or resort casino hotels.
- For families looking for a great beach vacation, gulf towns are a great option.
- Anyone looking for shrimp boat, deep sea or pier fishing opportunities.
- Those looking for warm or cool gulf breezes, depending on the time of year.
As travel agents, have you seen a comeback for the gulf area?