The Hilton Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has been updated with $6.5 million in recent renovations. The resort, positioned in the Northwest Florida Coast panhandle is complete with white sand beaches, golf courses, and generally a beach lover’s playground. Here are perhaps ten notable reasons for travel agents to send clients for a vacation at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.
- Guests have many choices of accommodations including high rise beach condominiums, quieter low rise units set amongst the vast landscaped grounds and bay view condominiums.
- This is a paradise for seafood lovers. Visitors can dine at a multitude of restaurants in the area, including several at either the beachside or bayside of the resort. The seafood has definitely been decided as safe to eat after the BP oil spill. There are plenty of shrimp, grouper, mahi-mahi and much more to savor.
- Families looking for a wholesome, fun filled destination, should consider Sandestin. There are bikes to ride throughout the complex, the beach, fun stores, a burger and malt shack, candy stores, and more family friendly activities.
- Beach lovers will be amazed at how white the sand is at the miles of gorgeous beaches. If they did not think about it, guests just may feel they are looking at Caribbean beaches.
- Golfers can lose themselves in a paradise of four championship golf courses.
- Tennis lovers will find 15 world-class tennis courts to spend their vacation time on.
- Boating enthusiasts can appreciate the 98 boat slip marina.
- Fishing fans may spend the days deep sea fishing.
- For shoppers, the outlet mall is just a few minutes’ drive from the resort, plus many other choices of shopping in the area.
- Anyone who is looking for peace and quiet with usually moderate temperatures may choose the off season around the winter months when it is definitely less crowded. Temperatures during the day may be in the 50°F to 70°F range. They say you just never know what you will get for temperatures. Many of the restaurants and activities are not available during this season, so travelers need to be aware of this.
Choices of Accommodations
There are several locations around the resort to consider for accommodations, depending on what the client is looking for. Highway 98 divides the resort between the "bay side" and the "beach side" of the resort.
Vacationing around the Village at Baytown, situated around the Choctawhatchee Bay, gives guests the feel of life in a quaint seaside community, with plenty of family and adult pastime activities to choose from, including concerts and festivals. Guests staying at the bayside area may choose from these properties.
- Bayside Inn
- Grand Fairway
- Resort Classic
- Resort Northside
- Grand Sandestin
- The Village of Baytown Wharf
- Resort Lakeside
Beachgoers may choose from these popular accommodations. Some are located on the beach, while other properties are scattered throughout the grounds off the beach.
- Beachside Towers
- Tivoli/Pine RIdge
Resort Amenities Include:
- Two complimentary four hour bicycle rentals each day of guests stay.
- One hour free canoe or kayak rentals and one hour of boogie boards, weather permitting.
- Free access to the Sandestin Fitness Center, for adults only.
- An hour of free court time at the Destin Tennis Resort, per unit. Some restrictions apply.
About the Weather and Climate:
The best time of year for visiting Sandestin depends on what clients prefer. The water temperature during the winter months range from about 56°F to71°F, from November to April, dipping into the 50’s in the coldest months. The summer months range from about 78°F to 85°F from May through October. High air temperatures range from about 70°F in the winter to about 88° Fahrenheit in the summer. Beachgoers may not care for the winter months, but golfers or tennis enthusiasts may appreciate the cooler weather.
How to get to Sandestin:
If clients are flying into the area, they should fly into either:
- Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS), less than 20 miles away.
- Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS), about a 70 minute drive.
- Panama City Beach Airport (EPC), about 60 miles away.
There are airport shuttles, but guests may want a car rental if they want to try out different restaurants, shop, or look around the area. Guests could stay entirely at the resort and probably have everything they need or want though.
Tour Operators offering packages to the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort:
The Hilton Sandestin is a great place to consider for couples, family, golf, tennis, beach, or individual vacationers.