For chocolate lovers who want to experience the creation of their beloved chocolate while surrounded in incredible beauty, travel agents may want to look into Hotel Chocolat, at the Rabot Estate Cocoa Plantation for these clients. This St. Lucia resort offers a different experience for vacationers, combining beauty, a learning experience, and tranquility.
The resort is geared toward adults, so hotel guests must be at least 12 years old. If clients are looking for a resort on the beach, this may not work for them, as it is a short drive to the beach.
So, who would enjoy Hotel Chocolat?
- Those looking for adults only vacation.
- Nature lovers.
- Chocolate lovers.
- Anyone looking to find tranquility and beautiful scenery.
When to Visit
The chocolate plantation produces fruit all year except for July and August, with the main harvesting period from November to February. So any tourists who want to observe the harvesting and chocolate development process may choose to go during the main harvesting season. Remember to consider and remind travelers of the hurricane season in the summer and fall months before planning a vacation for clients.
Hotel Chocolat location
St. Lucia is located in the cocoa belt in the West Indies, making the ideal climate for cocoa production. The hotel is located about an hour's drive from Hewanorra International Airport, in Soufriere. The resort is situated on 140 acres, including the working cocoa plantation.
Rooms or "pods" as they are referred to at the resort, embrace the peace and tranquility of the cocoa plantation and surrounding grounds, while offering luxury lodging.
- Cocoa Pods are 450 square feet and offer either the Twin Piton view, or view of the grounds area. The pods have a queen bed.
- Cocoa Pods Luxe rooms are elevated with views of the Pitons and the Caribbean. The 750 square foot rooms offer king beds, an open verandah with rocking chairs, plus a suite lounge with day beds.
Amenities offered in the pods include:
- Pillow top beds.
- A unique open sky shower.
- Contemporary granite double basins.
- REN toiletries from London.
- iPod docks available with prerecorded playlists.
- Tea and coffee makers.
- Concierge Cabinets stocked with alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages and chocolate treats.
- Terry cloth robes.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Hair dryer, vanity, and sewing kits.
- Safe deposit box.
Things to do in St. Lucia and around the resort:
- Walk amongst the cocoa groves.
- Take part in the cocoa harvest.
- Observe the cocoa processing.
- Pick and eat papaya, mango and guava right from the estate trees.
- Take a swim in the black quartz infinity edge pool facing the Pitons, with a dedicated lounge chair for each guest.
- Dine and dance at the open sided Boucan Restaurant and Bar.
- Drink the distinctive resort drink, bellini made with fresh estate fruit.
- Have a Cocoa Butter Massage at The Place, the guest spa for relaxing and energizing, specializing in the use of natural cacao.
- Play at the nearby beach.
- Go sailing.
- Enjoy the dinner theatre.
- Try deep sea fishing.
- Drive through a volcano.
- Ride a zip line over the rainforest.
- Climb the Pitons.
- Go bird watching.
- Take a nature hike.
- Cocoa Pod rates range from $450 to $600 per night.
- Cocoa Pods Luxe rates range from $630 to $770 per night.
- Rates including breakfast and tipping is not expected. Dining packages are available for dinner, or lunch and dinner. Look for special rates including booking before February 2012 and receive seven nights for the price of five. There are couples packages, chocolate lover packages, nature packages and custom made packages.
This can be a truly different and pleasant vacation for the right people. Knowing your clients and getting a feel for what they are looking for, makes the best vacations. Many clients may really enjoy this serene and wonderful property, Hotel Chocolat.
Please take a look at my blog and share your thoughts.