California's Central Coast is famous for its scenic drives and rugged coastline. It's also home to some uniquely appealing resort properties. Among the finest is the AAA Four Diamond Award-Winning Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa, south of San Luis Obispo on Shell Beach in the town of Pismo Beach. A member of Preferred Boutique Hotels, the Dolphin Bay Resort opened in 2006 and remains unsurpassed on the Central Coast in terms of location, amenities, fine dining, and quality.
Home Sweet (Luxury) Home
Set on five acres on a breathtaking bluff overlooking the Pacific, the resort lies midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The property consists of 63 one- and two-bedroom suites plus some specially-configured penthouses. The one-bedroom suites accommodate up to four persons while the two-bedroom units boast up to 1,600-square feet and can accommodate six.
Dolphin Bay combines the amenities of a self-contained luxury resort with the comforts of home. Each suite has a private entrance that guests can drive right up to. Valet parking is also available. Inside the suites, a cozy luxury prevails, with custom-built, over-sized furnishings, large dining rooms, travertine floors, Bose DVD surround-sound systems and spacious balcony verandas. Master bedrooms feature walk-in closets, large Aire Jet tubs, Tommy Bahama toiletries and plush terry robes.
Especially noteworthy are the stainless steel and granite gourmet kitchens in every villa. They're stocked with several sets of dishes, stemware, coffee maker (with coffee) and more appliances than most people have in their home kitchens. Fax in a convenient grocery list form and the resort will even stock a guest's fridge. Each suite also has its own fully-stocked laundry room, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access and daily housekeeping service.
- Guests can relax outdoors in the infinity-edged saline pool or a jetted whirlpool.
- Bonnie Vie Spa offers an array of skin and body treatments in four treatment rooms, with outdoor private cabanas for relaxation.
- Lido, the resort's signature restaurant, features seasonal cuisine, spotlighting fresh seafood, organic produce, locally-raised meats and poultry, artisanal cheeses and coastal wines. One evening each month, the resort offers a special cooking class, followed by dinner. Guests attending the cooking classes receive a reduced rate on their suites.
- Beach access is available via a set of steps leading down the bluff to secluded Shell Beach, a body-surfing and tide-pooling favorite. It's also a great place to spot sea lions and massive brown pelicans.
- Offsite recreational opportunities include water sports, whale watching, golf, hiking, biking, shopping, wine tasting, horseback riding and more.
- Families: The resort's family-friendly features include a complimentary DVD library, complete with popcorn and hot chocolate, to make a great family movie night. Kids love the casual fare at the Fireside Grill, and the drive-up villa entrances are convenient for young children or elderly grandparents. The resort also offers bicycles and a popular summer kids' program.
- Weddings, Vow Renewals: The resort's manicured lawns overlooking the sparkling blue Pacific create a picture postcard backdrop. Clients interested in destination wedding or vow-renewal ceremonies will find a perfect setting. Ceremonies are performed beneath a canopy overlooking a craggy bluff and the stunning bay below. The Lido restaurant makes a cozy, but elegant reception venue. And, for a more intimate celebration, a dinner for the romantic couple can be arranged bluff-side. The resort will even bring a chef to your client's villa to cook a special meal.
- Business Travelers and Conferences: The resort features a number of different venues that can accommodate corporate groups and retreats of up to 200. The Lido restaurant has a private room that can serve as a meeting venue (with gourmet lunch included). And the penthouse can be configured for a Board Meeting, with a large conference table, over-sized gourmet kitchen, and expansive garden balcony for private receptions.