Travel agents have a variety of new hotels and resorts to offer clients in the Caribbean. There are new boutique hotels and large mega resorts. Some offer an all inclusive package, there are new adults only properties, and some great for kids.
There are two new resorts on the island of Antigua.
- Sugar Ridge Resort is a new luxury boutique hotel on the west side of Antigua. The hotel sits on a hillside with fantastic views of the Caribbean and neighboring islands. The hotel has a sleek and modern look to it, with a huge spa and work out area. This would be great for couples and a beautiful location for weddings. Rates range from $150, low season with breakfast, to $325 all inclusive, high season. Rates are per person per night.
- Nonsuch Bay Resort in Freetown, Antigua, is a great vacation resort to find peace and quiet with incredible service and attention to detail. The resort is set in a secluded Bay area for relaxation, but also offers water sports and sailing for their guests.
- Secrets St. James in Montego Bay, for adults only is a romantic getaway on a long expanse of white sand private beach on a long peninsula. The resort has 350 suites and offers Unlimited-Luxury®, which includes three meals and snacks daily, plus unlimited alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages for their guests, plus much more.
- Caribbean Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, is a pristine dream resort with stunning grounds and plenty for guests to do. Unlimited-Luxury® by Secrets is also offered at this resort.
- The Palmyra, a Solis Resort and Spa opened last year, but in case an agent is asked, it is now closed. There were many good reviews for the property but it has been reported as of mid November that the hotel closed.
- Golden Eye Hotel & Resort in Oracabessa, on the northern coast of Jamaica is tucked away in a lagoon, offering guests beach or lagoon cottages. The resort is inspired by Ian Fleming who owned the property and created James Bond,007.
There are four new resorts in the Bahama Islands.
- Kamalame Cay, on Andros Island, Bahamas, is a very private resort for those who really want to get away from everything. The resort offers classis Bahamian cuisine with distinguished wines and beverages. This is a great destination for romance, eco tours, divers, or for total relaxation.
- Sandals Resorts has opened a new property, Sandals Emerald Bay, on Great Exuma, Bahamas. The resort is situated in white sand and exotic gardens. Guest can enjoy unlimited diving, or take part in yoga and pilates. Golf is also offered to guests at the resort.
- Baha Mar is a mega resort at Cable Beach, Bahamas being built at the present time. The resort is hoped to bring in 8,000 jobs for the Bahamian people. It will have 3500 hotel rooms and condominiums, along with the largest casino in the Caribbean.
- The Conrad Bimini Resort & Casino is scheduled to open in 2013 with 250 luxurious hotel rooms plus residences. The resort will have a casino and an elegant marina.
There are several other resorts around the Caribbean being built or recently opened, including:
- Turtle Beach Bungalows in St. Kitts.
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
- W Retreat & Spa Vieques Island, Vieques, Puerto Rico.
- Rosalie Bay Resort, Dominica.
- Wyndham St. Croix Golf Resort & Casino, St. Croix.
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad.
- Blue Pelican, St. Maarten.
- Mandarin Oriental Dellis Cay, Turks & Caicos.
There are plenty of new resorts in the Caribbean Islands if clients love the feel of a new resort environment. New resorts can be great if the opening kinks have been worked out in advance.
Please see my blog and let me know your thoughts.